How to post & best practices
Forth is a news feed populated exclusively by vetted journalists. If you’d like to join the community, apply at https://journalists.forth.news.
How do I post?
- Go to forth.news on desktop or mobile
- Verified journalists will see a blue NEW THREAD button on the top right. Click it.
- Next you’ll land on a page where you can submit a headline (what appears on the main feed), text and/or a photo (not required).
You’ll also select one or more TOPICS. Please make sure it accurately reflects the subject matter you’re posting about! You can select multiple topics.
Now you’re ready to hit the blue post button and post.
- You’ll then see your post in your main feed.
- If you want to add more to the same thread, begin typing in the field on your main feed above your most recent post.
Pro tip 🧵: When using threads, a good rule of thumb is to use one fact per post.
Viola! You have a thread.
- If you need to edit a post, simply select the EDIT button on the top right of the post (not visible publicly). You can also see the edit history of every post. To change the headline of a thread, click or tap it to edit. To change topics, click the “Change Topics” button above the headline.
WHEN should I post?
There is no specific time, but we recommend you post as frequently as possible. As we know from other platforms, the more consistent you are, the easier it is to gain traction.
WHAT should I post?
Forth is a place for credible news and information. We recommend you post content in line with Opinion and non-fact-based editorializing
What should I NOT post?
At this point, we’re not looking for pure opinion or editorializing. Fact-based analysis is OK.
Try to keep it to 250 words or fewer.
Keep in mind most people will be reading or watching your reporting on mobile.
Add an image!
A post with photos tends to get higher engagement than those without. (We’re rolling out video capabilities soon!)
(And don't forget to share your post across your socials.)